Well, I’m thinking I still might have a little bit of adrenaline pumping through my veins. As I re-tell this story to our dear friends and family, I get as excited as I was Saturday night.
This all started a while ago for me. And as many of you know, I can get a little enthusiastic and things literally burst out of me. But alas, I pulled off a memory maker for Audrey that I don’t think she (or we) will every forget.
I will try to keep this simple and catch all the highlights.
1. Audrey turns 10 on Sunday. Last month I got a crazy thought to plan something special for her 10th birthday. I mean, hello, double digits. It happens to be Todd’s birthday in February, too, so I decide to whisk two of my favorite people in the world for a weekend away. Excuse my sidenotes, but honestly, having a weekend just the three of us was so awesome and highly recommended (thanks to the grandparents for watching Nate and showing him a fabulous weekend full of hot wheel play, Dollar Store fun and size large McDonald Mcflurrys).
2. It is no secret that I love Tim and Faith. I sort of feel like we could be neighbors. Ha! My daughter has also found a love of these two and proclaimed Tim her favorite artist ever! Sidenote – I will say post-show her love of the both of them is equal. I think her quote was “Mama, Faith’s voice is more beautiful in real life than I ever knew”.
3. Cue my idea. Last year me and my fabulous friend Wendi saw Tim and Faith’s Soul to Soul show at the Venetian, and it’s literally the best I’ve ever seen. I knew they were back this year for a limited number of shows. And that’s when I booked our trip.
8. So, off we go to the show after this completely out of this world experience meeting two of our favorites! We were all so excited.
9. The show was fantastic! And then, about half way through, Tim stops and says, “where is Audrey?”. WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Are you kidding? Todd lifts her up and Tim heads our way chatting away about how he has an Audrey too (his youngest is an Audrey). He unplugs his guitar, pulls out his sharpie and writes “To Audrey, From Tim, Happy Birthday, 2014”. He tells her she needs to learn to play it someday and gives her his guitar and a hug!
10. I think I cried my way through the rest of the show. Afterwards, Tim’s assistant found us and said Tim wanted Audrey to have the guitar picks he used during the show! I was so overwhelmed and I can only imagine how all that felt in an almost 10 year old!!!! Thank you Tim and Faith for the most out of control amazing night! And to the kindest members of their team and the fabulous staff at the Venetian who were so excited and supportive and helpful! We Gendreaus could not be more grateful!
So that is the story! My girl kicked off her double digit birthday week in Vegas, meeting Tim and Faith, being gifted Tim’s guitar, staying up til 12:30am twice and having total quality time with her mom and dad!
Audrey – you are so very loved. And you are one of the kindest souls I know.
I told her that night that when you are kind in life and think of others (which this little soul always has), good things always come back around! I know she will continue in her life with kindness, and thoughtfulness, and the spice that she always mixes with it! Always be you Audrey! It will take you farther than you can ever imagine!
And to Tim and Faith and their team and the awesome Venetian crew, THANK YOU! You made a most memorable weekend for us all!!!!!
With SO much gratitude,
Spread the Love